Snowman Cupcakes #christmas #cupcakes

I think I will always be a child in the heart. These snowman cupcakes are a lot of fun to make (and of course very fun to eat)! I think I will have to make them every year now, and I think my children will really agree with that.


I hope the snowman instructions I write are straight forward for you. I don't usually post sneaky recipes like this but people, I'm my craft and I have a lot of time doing that. I also like taking this picture in the snow! This is one of my favorite settings. It really doesn't fit into distant food. I did it with hot chocolate last year and I am very excited to have something else that will fit into this year's snow scene.

Ingredients :

Chocolate Cupcakes
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter , diced into 5 pieces
  • 2 oz . bittersweet chocolate (60%), chopped
  • 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • Vanilla Buttercream Frosting 
  • 12 marshmallow snowmen , instructions follow

Instructions :
  1. Preheat 350 degrees oven. Add chocolate and butter to the microwave bowl safely and heat in a microwave power 50%, at a second interval of 30, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Let it cool to warm, about 10 minutes.
  2. In a bowl Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, mix eggs, sugar, sugar and vanilla extract, about 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate mixture. In a liquid measuring cup, measure buttermilk then sweep it in sour cream. Sprinkle 1/3 of the flour mixture evenly over the mixture, rather than whisking it together. Add 1/2 buttermilk mixture and shake it together. Repeat the process once again then finally by dusting the remaining 1/3 of the top flour and mixing until combined. Divide the mixture evenly between 12 cups of paper muffins that are lined up and bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in a muffin pan a few minutes later wire transfer cooling rack. Cool completely then frost with Frosting Vanilla Buttercream and top each cupcake with one snow marshmallow.
  3. * Depending on how much frosting you want I will make 1/2 to 2/3 of the recipe.
  4. Recipe Source: Loose chocolate cupcakes adapted from Cook Illustrated. Frosting - classy cooking