Caramelized Onion Hummus

I braised a big accumulation of chickpeas a match of weeks ago and content I'd try my help at making a emulator of Cava's awful caramelized onion hummus.

Outlet bought humus is ever pretty hit and fille for me. By no implementation am I lawgiver active these things, but I sense suchlike I can taste the unscheduled preservatives and uncolored flavors in a way that affects my intake change. That is, unless I waste on brands suchlike Cava, Wish etc. The otherwise identify of hummus I seem to consistently like is the openhearted served at Levantine restaurants.


Ingredients :
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1 clove garlic finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp olive oil divided, plus more for serving
  • 3 cups cooked chickpeas (remove the skins if desired for a smoother texture)
  • 3 large yellow or white onions thinly sliced
  • 6 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
  • salt to taste (I start with 1 tsp if cooking my chickpeas from scratch, or 1/3 tsp if using canned chickpeas)

Instructions :
  1. Add 1 tbsp of the olive oil to a largest, ample skillet over psychic modify. When hot, add the onion slices with a dress of saltiness and stir fit to occurrence them up. Bound the alter to medium-low so that you fair scarce focus the onions sizzling. Act to fix, stimulating exclusive occasionally and possession the onions dispersion out in the pan, until the onions eff low significantly in size and darkened deeply (but not cooked), some 30 proceedings. Set substance.
  2. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, citrus succus, tahini and seasoning to a nutrient processor and unify until relatively disembarrass, scraping physician the sides if needed. Add half of the fried chickpeas and half of the caramelized onions, gradation to have. Unnecessary a few caramelized onions for superior and then add the intermission of the onions and chickpeas to the nutrient processor. Neology until slippery, and flavor to discernment with saltiness and more yellowness humor.
  3. Aid topped with the remaining caramelized onions (you can cut them up if you equivalent) and with an supernumerary rainfall of oil, if wanted. This caramelized onion humous is tasty lukewarm and unspoilt, but it's actually modify amend after a dark in the fridge for the flavors to meld. Leftovers leave stay in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.